What does a Dispatcher Do?
Dispatchers coordinate and communicate vital information, such as customer orders, service requests, and emergency alerts. They facilitate the deployment of appropriate assets, such as trucks for delivery and pickup of goods, ambulances for medical emergencies, and police units for threats to public safety.
Dispatcher Job Overview
In the dispatcher role, you will take calls, schedule dispatches, and assign loads, map locations, and direct routes. You will be expected to enforce strict adherence to standard protocols and applicable rules and regulations. Success in this role will be demonstrated by determining efficient and economical routes and modes of transportation to send immediate responses and maximize productivity.
Dispatcher Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares and updates field units and route schedules
- Logs calls and service requests
- Monitors and maintains multi-line communication systems
- Organizes deployment strategy based on field personnel and urgency of requests
- Utilizes computer-aided dispatch systems
- Records accurate information such as location and time
- Determines, monitors, and ensures the availability of units to dispatch
Dispatcher Job Requirements
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Knowledge of dispatch codes and phonetic alphabet
- Able to work for extended hours under stressful conditions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.