What Does a Telemarketer Do?
Telemarketers perform direct selling activities to offer goods and services to prospective clients via phone or scheduled web conference calls. They provide comprehensive product information and tailored solutions to enlighten customers and address their challenges. They typically work at home or at call center offices.
Telemarketer Job Overview
In the telemarketer role, you will handle several accounts and make outbound calls to existing and potential customers. You will be expected to maintain a professional demeanor when talking to clients. You must have a deep understanding of product value propositions for effective communication. Success in this role will be demonstrated by turning marketing leads into sales and by nourishing lasting client relationships to improve retention and drive incremental sales.
Telemarketer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Documents calls and creates basic account data
- Performs account verification procedures
- Schedules return calls and conference calls
- Reviews and improves call scripts
- Collaborates with the lead generation team
- Utilizes customer-focused and needs-based feedback to enhance strategies
Telemarketer Job Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of marketing experience with direct client communication
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proficient in remote conferencing tools such as Zoom, GoToMeeting, and Google Hangouts
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.