What Does a Customer Support Specialist Do?
Customer support specialists assist customers with inquiries or concerns related to a company’s products or services. In addition, they inform customers about specifications and features for an improved customer experience. They may also work with sales teams to ensure a smooth transition to ownership.
Customer Support Specialist Job Overview
In the customer support specialist role, you will communicate directly with customers to solve problems, answer questions, and give advice and support. Key elements of the role include familiarity with the company’s products and services, and the ability to quickly identify and address customer needs. Success in this role will be demonstrated by improvements in the company’s reputation in delivering outstanding customer support.
Customer Support Specialist Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Answers incoming calls and emails from customers
- Establishes trust
- Assists customers with solving problems
- Reports common product and service complaints
- Helps customers make use of different features
- Records complaints and feedback
Customer Support Specialist Job Requirements
- Has prior experience in customer service
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledgeable in operating help desk software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Has a positive and professional work attitude
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree required
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.