What Does a Material Handler Do?
Material handlers are warehouse employees that deal with the establishment’s logistics, storage, and inventory management. They often unload items from trucks and other delivery vehicles into a storage facility while maintaining accurate records for easy access. They also move items for delivery to customers.
Material Handler Job Overview
In the material handler role, you will move, store, and manage both hazardous and non-hazardous materials. You will document inbound and outbound deliveries and maintain accurate records. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your ability to ensure that the correct items are placed in the proper delivery trucks and that inbound items are both safely stored and easily accessible.
Material Handler Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Loads and unloads items to and from inbound and outbound delivery vehicles
- Operates forklifts and other heavy machinery to move items
- Monitors warehouse inventory and requests for resupply
- Ensures deliveries match their respective purchase orders
- Matches customer orders with the appropriate order forms
- Remains compliant with all health and safety regulations
Material Handler Job Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with heavy machinery is preferred, as well as licenses and additional certification
- Familiar with warehouse management equipment such as RF devices
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Physically fit and can lift items of up to 100 lbs
- Amenable to working overtime even on weekends and holidays
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.