What Does a Patient Care Technician Do?
Patient care technicians assist other medical staff in performing basic care for patients such as serving meals, assisting patients during restroom visits, and providing emotional support. They often work with nurses and other healthcare providers, and may clean patient rooms or change the bedding.
Patient Care Technician Job Overview
In the patient care technician role, you will record patient concerns and needs, and then communicate them to other medical staff. You will be responsible for providing comfort, guidance, and emotional support. Success in this role will be demonstrated by high HCAHPS scores and elevated patient satisfaction levels.
Patient Care Technician Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Observes patients and reports abnormal findings
- Assists with day-to-day tasks
- Responds to emergencies and performs basic life support when necessary
- Identifies and caters to patient and family requirements
- Assists with daily hygiene routines
- Escalates major concerns to doctors and nurses
Patient Care Technician Job Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of working experience in a medical institution
- Basic Life Support certification
- Nursing assistant certification is preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to adjust to a rapidly changing environment
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.