What Does a Video Editor Do?
Video editors transform raw clips and video footage into high-quality finished videos used to inform, engage, and inspire their audience. They use specialized software applications and editing tools to merge content from multiple sources and add pictures, graphics, visual effects, voice, sound effects, and music.
Video Editor Job Overview
In the video editor role, you will arrange, assemble, and process dozens of recorded and stock video clips into a seamless whole. You will work closely with the production and marketing teams to ensure alignment with project goals. It is critical that you adhere to established guidelines to effectively convey your message. Success in this role will be demonstrated by producing dynamic, entertaining, and audience-appropriate videos to expand market reach and increase viewer engagement.
Video Editor Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Edits videos to targeted length and specifications
- Handles and organizes raw and edited video files
- Exports videos and facilitates mobile and web distribution
- Shoots video and produces content as necessary
- Explores different versions and directions
- Ensures compliance with highest journalist standards
- Adjusts formats and file sizes as needed
Video Editor Job Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of video editing and post-production experience
- Proficient in various non-linear video editing tools and other software (Edius, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Lightroom)
- Deep understanding of digital trends and editing principles
- Creative and innovative
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Film or related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.