What Does a Dishwasher Do?
Dishwashers are responsible for sanitary and supportive kitchen tasks, including washing kitchen appliances and dishes, emptying trash containers, scrubbing floors, and busing tables. They may also ensure that tables are ready for the next set of guests in a restaurant or at catering events.
Dishwasher Job Overview
As a dishwasher, you will be tasked with replenishing items, helping to unload supplies from deliveries, preparing cooking sites, and setting and resetting tables. An important function in this role is ensuring a kitchen’s compliance with all food procedures and safety regulations. Success in this position will be exhibited by prioritizing tasks that significantly impact customer satisfaction.
Dishwasher Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Supports other staff members when needed
- Stows away dishes and cutlery
- Polishes cutlery and cookware
- Maintains chemical levels and temperatures to comply with safety measures
- Maintains availability of tables for new customers and guests
- Transfers equipment and supplies from storage to work area
Dishwasher Job Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior work experience in kitchen or cleaning roles
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Able to stand and move for long periods
- Able to lift and maneuver 20 lbs
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.