What Does a Food Expeditor Do?
Food expeditors are the link between the kitchen staff and the customers. They are responsible for the smooth flow of orders and efficient delivery of service. They communicate with the waitstaff and chefs, and they inspect the quality of the dishes served.
Food Expeditor Job Overview
In the food expeditor role, you will be in charge of calling out orders to the chefs and preparing dishes for delivery. A key element of this role is to ascertain that each staff member receives the proper orders. Success in this role will be demonstrated by positive feedback from diners through timely and accurate order delivery.
Food Expeditor Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains verbal communication with chefs and waitstaff
- Monitors the quality of dishes
- Ensures restaurant adherence to health and sanitation standards
- Makes final preparations on dishes
- Addresses complaints of diners
- Assists staff where needed
Food Expeditor Job Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience as food expeditor or similar role
- Works well in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
- Great communication and coordination skills
- Can work on weekends and holidays, and handle shifting work schedules
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.