What Does a Chef Do?
Chefs are responsible for preparing quality dishes for customers according to recipe specifications. They handle the direction and supervision of daily operations and kitchen sanitation. They monitor staff requirements and production schedules to ensure that palatable dishes are delivered on time.
Chef Job Overview
In the chef role, you will provide culinary resources and support needed to ensure customer satisfaction. You will be responsible for training, hiring, and managing the kitchen staff. You will delegate tasks to kitchen employees to ensure that meals are prepared in a timely manner. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your ability to make sure the health, safety, and quality standards are met at all stages of meal preparation.
Chef Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides frontline culinary resources and support
- Assists with food cost control, menu planning, and purchasing
- Ensures food quality guidelines are followed
- Produces and executes major culinary projects
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with marketing and culinary teams
- Assists with managing cost controls for culinary ventures
- Ensures compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
Chef Job Requirements
- Associate degree in Culinary Arts or similar field
- One to three years of culinary management experience
- Advanced knowledge of cooking, baking, and other culinary techniques
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in complex food preparation and batch cooking is preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of catering and food preparation trends focusing on production, sanitation, presentation, quality, and cost control
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.