What Does an Accountant Do?
Accountants (or Staff Accountants or Account Payables Specialists) play a key role in managing a company’s accounting function and financial reporting requirements. The focus of the role is on recording, tracking and reconciling company business accounts.
Accountant Job Overview
In the Accountant role, you will be responsible for carefully tracking company revenue and expenses. You will work closely with company financial professionals and management. Success in this role will be demonstrated through accurate tracking and reporting of company finances.
Accountant Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and maintain accounting processes and cost controls for all company business operations
- Monitor company financial performance, and identify and report inaccuracies and variances
- Regularly reconcile bank and credit card accounts
- Help perform annual audits
- Create and monitor department budgets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Analyze company spend and identify areas for improvement and cost savings
- Ensure all accounting processes meet regulatory and compliance guidelines and standards
- Collaborate with other accounting team members
Accountant Job Requirements
- 5+ years of accounting experience in a corporate environment
- Strong understanding of accounting and financial practices including US GAAP
- Experience with financial data reporting
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite and financial accounting software
- Deep understanding of federal and state tax regulations and reporting requirements
- Strong quantitative and analytical ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or related field. MBA a plus.
- CPA certification
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.