What Does an Auditor Do?
Auditors perform an in-depth assessment of financial and operational records of organizations to ensure the accuracy of reported information and compliance with applicable federal and state regulations. They evaluate the effectiveness of a company’s risk management and internal control systems, and identify internal and external weaknesses.
Auditor Job Overview
In the auditor role, you will follow a set of auditing standards and guidelines when reviewing the client’s actions and reports. You will be expected to collaborate with different government agencies to gather information required for the audit. Success in this position is determined by communicating valuable audit findings and suggesting solutions to uphold the accuracy of data and truth and fairness results.
Auditor Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Studies and analyzes financial data and operating results
- Generates unbiased audit findings
- Prepares and presents results
- Proposes system control recommendations
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Follows and studies the latest industry standards
Auditor Job Requirements
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Deep knowledge of auditing standards and rules
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.