What Does a Staff Accountant Do?
Staff accountants play an important role in ensuring the accuracy of the financial reports of an organization. They are typically responsible for maintaining general ledgers, assisting with audits, reviewing financial statements, reconciling accounts, budgeting, and preparing and reviewing financial reports.
Staff Accountant Job Overview
As a staff accountant, you will be responsible for maintaining records of accounts payable, treasury, purchasing, and other financial operations. An important skill in this role is collaborating with and adhering to the expectations of accounting managers. Success in this role will be exhibited by preparing accurate and detailed financial reports while following Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Staff Accountant Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs daily cash applications and balance sheet reconciliations
- Provides meaningful commentaries on balance sheet reports
- Prepares detailed and timely revenue and tax reports
- Generates weekly accounts receivable reports
- Assists in special projects
Staff Accountant Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in accounting
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.