What Does a Tax Associate Do?
Tax associates prepare tax returns for individuals, partnerships, and institutions. They ensure that all tax-related filings are compliant with federal, state, and local tax regulations. Tax associates advise clients regarding taxation issues and provide workable solutions within legal bounds.
Tax Associate Job Overview
In the tax associate role, you will obtain and review each client’s tax information. You will prepare the necessary tax-related documents pertaining to income, expenditures, and other pertinent information. You will undertake tax research to improve your competency and your client’s tax situation. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your ability to minimize each client’s tax liabilities while remaining compliant with both state and federal tax laws.
Tax Associate Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitors and maintains accurate records of each client’s tax situation
- Formulates, implements, and evaluates legal tax reduction strategies
- Performs tax audits
- Ensures company documents and filings are compliant with IRS regulations at both the federal and state levels
- Manages and controls client budgets
- Advises clients on tax strategies, compensation and benefit plans, and accounting systems
Tax Associate Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA certification is a plus
- Minimum 1 year of experience in tax preparation
- Familiar with tax and accounting software and systems
- Analytical with strong attention to detail
- Great time-management skills
- Highly organized
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.