What Does a Accounting Assistant Do?
Accounting assistants aid accountants in the day-to-day operations of an accounting firm. They may perform various administrative and basic accounting tasks such as bookkeeping, processing payroll, maintaining general ledgers, monitoring accounts, handling checks and payments, and assisting in the preparation of budgets and financial reports.
Accounting Assistant Job Overview
In the accounting assistant role, you are responsible for performing specific routine accounting operations, such as maintaining the books for firms, processing payroll, and completing other delegated tasks.
The responsibilities assigned to an assistant vary depending on skill level and the number of accountants within the firm. A key element in performing the role is the ability to finish assigned tasks promptly and accurately. Success in this role is demonstrated by effectively supporting accountants in fulfilling the accounting operations.
Accounting Assistant Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains general ledgers
- Performs payroll activities
- Processes payables, receivables, payments, and checks
- Completes routine bookkeeping
- Assists with financial reports preparation
- Performs journal entries for company transactions
Accounting Assistant Job Requirements
- Previous accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Degree in accounting or any business-related course
- Proficiency in office computer programs
- Efficient and timely work ethic
- Critical thinker and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Substantial knowledge in accounting terminologies
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical abilities
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.