What Does an Accounting Manager Do?
Accounting managers oversee the accounting operations of a company. They manage teams of accounting staff in performing day-to-day operations, and they handle complex financial issues. Accounting managers track and evaluate the company’s monetary data to generate financial statements and report significant findings to upper management.
Accounting Manager Job Overview
In the accounting manager role, you are expected to manage financial employees and provide meaningful outputs for the company. A key element of this role is to implement a system that effectively collects, analyzes, verifies, and reports accurate information. Success in this role is demonstrated by efficiently tracking and analyzing financial data to confirm that it reflects the real-world financial performance of the firm.
Accounting Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Hires and trains new accounting employees
- Manages and disseminates tasks to accounting employees
- Maintains complete and accurate financial records
- Tracks and analyzes financial information, and prepares financial statements
- Develops strategies on improving financial performance
- Implements or improves on department procedures for data accuracy and efficiency
- Ensures that the treatment of accounts adhere to regulations
- Coordinates with the financial department to make financial decisions
Accounting Manager Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other related fields
- At least 5 years experience in accounting positions
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Proficient with accounting programs
- Strong leadership skills
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.