What Does an Art Director Do?
Art directors lead the creative direction of the art team and dictate the overall visual style of their brand’s identity. With proper market research, they ensure that their advertisements, whether in a physical publication, on TV, or on a website, appeal to their target demographics.
Art Director Job Overview
In the art director role, you will foster a creative and diverse work environment by hiring employees that complement your team. You will also lead the team in creating a portfolio of varying styles to showcase the company’s abilities to clients. Success in this role will be demonstrated by retaining and growing the company’s client base, and by meeting and exceeding the expectations for deliverables.
Art Director Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Determines how to visually represent a concept
- Creates a portfolio of design concepts and ideas
- Coordinates with the creative and marketing teams
- Leads and supervises the art team
- Conducts market research
- Aligns campaign to client needs
- Presents to clients
- Follows budgets and deadlines
- Monitors industry trends
Art Director Job Requirements
- Minimum 7 years of work experience
- Proficient in Adobe and MS Office
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and time-management skills
- Adaptive, innovative, and creative
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.