What Does a Bartender Do?
Bartenders mix, create, and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages to bar and restaurant patrons. They prepare the bar for busy shifts by prepping and stocking liquor, beer, wine, garnishes, and other bar supplies. They may also take food orders and clean the bar and restaurant.
Bartender Job Overview
In the bartender role, you will mix and serve drinks, run customer tabs, and operate the cash register. You’ll ensure all customers are served swiftly and on a first-come, first-served basis. Bartenders also interact with guests and build relationships with regulars. Success in this role will be demonstrated by increased customer satisfaction as well as guest retention and revenue growth.
Bartender Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides innovative additions and modifications to the bar’s menu
- Processes customer orders in a timely and efficient manner
- Monitors inventory and communicates supply needs to the manager
- Ensures that patrons being served are of legal drinking age
- Follows applicable food and beverage regulations
- Maintains a clean and organized workstation
Bartender Job Requirements
- Must be of legal drinking age
- At least 1 year of prior bar experience
- Relevant certification is a plus
- Computer literate
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Great interpersonal and customer service skills
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.