What Does a Benefits Specialist Do?
Benefits specialists administer employee benefits in an organization. They are primarily responsible for ensuring that employees are covered by insurance and make the most of internal wellness programs. They may also educate employees about the available options to maximize use and participation.
Benefits Specialist Job Overview
In the benefits specialist role, you will be responsible for explaining pertinent tax and legal information to employees. You will also need to assist them in enrolling in savings and insurance programs. An important element in this role is to interact with employees to learn their level of satisfaction with benefits programs. Success in this role will be exhibited by preparing fair compensation and benefit plans in line with organizational goals.
Benefits Specialist Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Participates in benefit enrollment processes
- Oversees computation of monthly pension payroll
- Maintains employee benefits files
- Evaluates and compares existing benefit plans
- Manages the implementation of new benefit programs
- Provides advice and training to employees regarding benefit plans
Benefits Specialist Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in benefits management and human resources
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong client-service skills
- Sufficient knowledge of relevant state and federal regulations on employee benefits
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.