What Does a Busser Do?
Bussers are primarily responsible for clearing and cleaning tables in restaurants and cafeterias to prepare for future customers. They quickly remove used plates, utensils, glasses, and napkins. They may also reset tables with place settings of plates, flatware, glassware, and napkins.
Busser Job Overview
In the busser role, you will carry loads of dirty dishes to the dishwashing area. You will assist waiters in restocking utensils and serving food to the table. You will be expected to perform your duties with efficiency while maintaining proper work etiquette. Success in this role will be demonstrated by providing seamless service to help maintain a swift turnaround of empty tables.
Busser Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Wipes and sanitizes tables and chairs
- Cleans spills right away and places appropriate signage on wet floors
- Attends to customers and processes requests
- Performs support functions as needed
- Greets customers courteously
- Communicates with other service staff and management if issues arise
- Ensures a clean table setup
Busser Job Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of hospital or food service experience preferred
- Food handler’s card a plus
- Working knowledge of table setting
- Understanding of state and federal liquor rules and regulations
- Effective communication skills
- Able to lift and carry heavy loads of dishes
- Able to stand and walk for long periods
- High school diploma or equivalent
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.