What Does a Carpenter Do?
Carpenters are responsible for the construction and maintenance of buildings, roofs, and other fixtures. They use blueprints, sketches, and instruction manuals to follow a project’s specifications. Carpenters work with different tools to perform building and repair tasks on a wide variety of construction projects.
Carpenter Job Overview
In the carpenter role, you will use tools to cut, shape, form, and build items in line with blueprint specifications. You will measure, calculate, and itemize any required materials for the project at hand. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your ability to support the project’s completion in a timely manner while minimizing accidents and occupational hazards.
Carpenter Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Reviews and follows blueprints and building plans
- Maintains occupational safety standards
- Performs repairs on malfunctioning or substandard fixtures and walls
- Lays out floors, scaffolding, and roofs
- Executes the engineer’s and the architect’s building or home designs
- Paints walls and fixtures
Carpenter Job Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or apprenticeship in carpentry
- Basic math skills
- Proficient with tools, measuring instruments, heavy machinery, and electrical equipment
- Good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Physically fit with high endurance
- Able to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Adheres to best practices regarding occupational safety hazards
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.