What does a General Laborer do?
General laborers provide front-line support for industrial projects such as warehousing, manufacturing, and construction. They cover a broad range of tasks including lifting, operating machinery, transporting items, and sanitation. General laborers assist more specialized workers such as electricians, mechanics, and painters.
General Laborer Job Overview
In the general laborer role, you will perform various manual labor tasks such as loading and unloading materials. You will use power tools, electrical equipment, and manual tools to aid in project completion. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while minimizing work hazards.
General Laborer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Constructs and moves temporary structures such as scaffolding and ladders
- Operates machinery
- Lifts and transports heavy objects
- Posts warning signs and hazard labels
- Maintains cleanliness in work areas
- Escalates issues to project or site managers
General Laborer Job Requirements
- No educational requirement
- Physically fit with high endurance
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Good oral and written communication skills
- License to operate heavy equipment is a plus
- Good understanding of production and construction safety protocols
- Able to work extended hours and on holidays
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.