What Does a House Sitter Do?
House sitters watch over a homeowner’s house to ensure it remains occupied while the owner is away. They regularly switch the lights on to give the appearance that homeowners are present. They may also take care of pets and perform light maintenance and cleaning.
House Sitter Job Overview
In the house sitter role, homeowners will entrust you to perform basic cleaning and maintenance services and to keep their homes operational during brief or extended absences. A key element of this role is to quickly contact the homeowner in case of emergencies and act to mitigate any issues they may arise. Success in this role will be demonstrated by ensuring the orderliness and security of the homeowner’s property.
House Sitter Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Occupies the house and monitors surveillance
- Turns lights on and off from time to time
- Answers the telephone, takes notes, and relays important messages
- Vacuums and sweeps the floor
- Collects the mail
- Waters the plants
House Sitter Job Requirements
- Must pass a background check
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a similar role
- At least 18 years old
- Excellent communication skills
- Responsible and trustworthy
- High school diploma or equivalent
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.