What Does a Security Guard Do?
Security guards ensure the safety and security of a company’s property, customers, and personnel. They investigate suspicious activity within their area of responsibility and may apprehend, eject, or report perpetrators. Security guards are responsible for upholding the establishment’s policies and safety protocols.
Security Guard Job Overview
In the security guard role, you will watch over and protect a company’s property and all who fall within its area of responsibility. You will coordinate with the appropriate authorities (police, firefighters, and medical workers) to ensure the safety and security of the establishment and its people. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your ability to prevent and properly respond to any illicit behavior or hazardous situations within facilities and premises.
Security Guard Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Patrols grounds, buildings, and other areas of responsibility
- Monitors security surveillance footage and keeps an eye on visitors
- Enforces company security policies and legal protocols
- Responds to distress calls within the premises
- Reports adverse situations to the appropriate authorities when necessary
- Maintains a daily log of irregular occurrences such as property damage, the entrance of unauthorized persons, and other unusual occurrences
- Directs vehicular and pedestrian traffic
Security Guard Job Requirements
- High school diploma
- No criminal record
- Physically fit
- Well-trained in self-defense
- First aid certification
- Attentive, observant, and alert
- Good knowledge of basic safety and security protocols
- Critical thinker and has problem-solving skills
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.