What Does a Category Manager Do?
Category managers handle the placement, pricing, and promotion of a product category in retail stores. They devise merchandising strategies to create optimum shelf layout and product display. They are in-store experts who also negotiate delivery and payment terms and foster lasting relationships with vendors.
Category Manager Job Overview
In the category manager role, you will be responsible for determining appropriate price points and advertising campaigns for the specified line of products. You will be expected to maintain a thorough understanding of consumer activities and trends. Success in this position will be determined by an increase in category sales and customer satisfaction.
Category Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages a group of products
- Develops selling and marketing strategies and initiatives
- Stays up-to-date with the market trends and retail environment
- Conducts research on competitors and consumer behavior
- Determines a competitive pricing strategy
- Prepares monthly budgets and sales forecasts
Category Manager Job Requirements
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding management skills
- Knowledge in analyzing data and forecasting methods
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.