What Does a Photo Editor Do?
Photo editors review and select photos for promotion, publication, and dissemination. They identify relevant images, edit photos to make them more appealing, and arrange them in a suitable layout. Photo editors also assign projects to photographers to meet the organization’s photography needs.
Photo Editor Job Overview
In the photo editor role, you will browse through dozens of images to determine the most appropriate visuals to convey a story. It is critical that you adhere to proper branding standards and check for image rights and licenses to avoid violations. Success in this position will be demonstrated by increased views, readership, and engagement.
Photo Editor Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Creates a portfolio of visual assets
- Manages photography projects
- Procures and manipulates photos and images as needed
- Reviews project pipeline and anticipates photo needs
- Ensures adherence to style guide and branding
- Collaborates with photographers, marketing team, and editors to ensure alignment
- Handles photography paperwork
Photo Editor Job Requirements
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience as a photo editor
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Deep understanding of photography styles and techniques
- Creative and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Photography or related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.