What Does a Content Editor Do?
Content editors are responsible for researching, proofreading, and publishing both traditional and online media. They analyze readership data and develop content strategies to increase user engagement. Content editors also fact-check articles and ensure the use of proper spelling, grammar, and syntax in outputs.
Content Editor Job Overview
In the content editor role, you will be in charge of reviewing articles produced by content writers. You will publish and optimize readership of the organization’s marketing and product content. Success in this position will be demonstrated by producing attractive content that increases reader and customer engagement with the company’s products and services.
Content Editor Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Proofreads and edits the work of content writers
- Ensures the team’s tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Fact checks and verifies information and research
- Manages and updates social media accounts and websites
- Contributes new ideas for future publications
- Monitors user engagement, web traffic, and other KPIs
Content Editor Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an editor, or similar position
- Hands-on experience with MS Office and publishing tools
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledgeable about various social media platforms and SEO
- Team player
- Highly organized
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.