What Does a Tour Guide Do?
Tour guides plan and implement scheduled activities for guests at an establishment or on a tour. They curate a standard itinerary, making minor adjustments based on the group’s demographic and preferences. Tour guides inform tourists about a location’s common practices, history, and prohibited acts.
Tour Guide Job Overview
In the tour guide role, you will educate local and foreign tourists about the location’s interesting facts, stories, and general policies. You will also be responsible for the tour’s safety and security. Success in this role will be determined by your ability to entertain tourists and keep them engaged with a preordained schedule of activities.
Tour Guide Driver Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Welcomes tourists to the area
- Stays up-to-date with current events related to assigned area
- Maintains knowledge of assigned locations
- Briefs tourists on local dos and don’ts
- Creates and modifies the tour’s itinerary
- Schedules activities and site visits
- Makes reservations when necessary
- Prepares required materials and props to make storytelling more engaging
- Shares stories and facts about the location
Tour Guide Driver Job Requirements
- High school diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 1 year in customer service
- Proficiency in multiple languages in addition to English is preferred
- Physically able to walk and stand for long periods
- Excellent communication skills
- Great storyteller
- Creative thinker and capable of improvisation
- Highly organized
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.