What Does a Cocktail Waitress Do?
Cocktail waitresses or cocktail servers take and serve beverage orders to customers. They act as cocktail tour guides, educating guests about the bar’s inventory of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, assisting them with their needs, and making recommendations based on guest’s preferences.
Cocktail Waitress Job Overview
In the cocktail waitress role, you will interact with dozens of customers and will be expected to maintain a professional and friendly attitude. It’s crucial that you keep a comprehensive knowledge of the bar’s spirits and drink mixes. Success in this role will be demonstrated by providing seamless and prompt beverage and table services to deliver excellent customer service and drive client growth and loyalty.
Cocktail Waitress Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Processes orders, bills, and payments
- Prepares and organizes drinks and glasswares
- Attends to guests and addresses their inquiries and needs as requested
- Coordinates with bar staff to ensure the availability of all beverages
- Assists in maintaining the cleanliness of the cocktail bar and other work areas
- Maintains compliance with applicable health code, dress code, and other serving standards
Cocktail Waitress Job Requirements
- Prior relevant experience preferred
- Knowledge of operational policies in health and safety, liquor licensing, food hygiene, and emergency procedure
- Outstanding communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Able to work late-night shifts and extended hours
- Able to walk and stand for long hours
- High school diploma or equivalent
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.