What Does a Communications Manager Do?
Communications managers lead teams that convey a company’s messages to both internal and external parties. They communicate news to the media to maintain and enhance public perception, while updating employees with regard to company developments. They may also organize events to promote the brand.
Communications Manager Job Overview
In the communications manager role, you will continually update the public with the latest company developments by issuing press releases and conducting briefings and press conferences. You will also ensure that the messages you convey align with the company’s mission and vision statements. Success in this role will be exhibited by effectively promoting the company’s brand and its products, leading to an increase in profitability.
Communications Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Creates and edits various pieces of related content (e.g. advertisements, emails, and press releases)
- Implements the company’s communication strategies
- Supervises the communication team and oversees the team’s projects
- Communicates with the press and schedules media events
- Tackles company issues appropriately
- Conducts market research
- Keeps up with industry communication tools
Communications Manager Job Requirements
- Minimum 7 years of work experience in a similar role
- Great communication skills (written and verbal)
- Outstanding multitasking and time-management skills
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Strong research and presentation skills
- Experienced in managing different social media channels
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or any related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.