What Does a Cosmetologist Do?
Cosmetologists provide clients with beauty services such as manicures, makeup, hair-removal, and hairstyling. Cosmetologists are creative-thinkers who innovate on existing designs and techniques that may attract potential clients. They stay up to date with industry trends and assess clients to provide the best advice and treatment.
Cosmetologist Job Overview
In the cosmetologist role, you are expected to create a welcoming atmosphere for clients, assessing their beauty needs and giving advice, feedback, and guidance. A key element of this role is listening attentively to client requests and performing makeup or other beauty services that fit with customer goals. Success in this role is demonstrated by increased customer satisfaction that leads to repeat business.
Cosmetologist Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs various beauty-related activities
- Designs new hairstyles for clients
- Generates a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere
- Listens to client requests
- Converses with clients when suitable
- Maintains tools and equipment
- Advises clients on product use
Cosmetologist Job Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- At least 1 year of experience working in cosmetology is preferred
- Detail-oriented and creative
- Up-to-date on current beauty trends
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.