What Does a Courtesy Clerk Do?
Courtesy clerks assist customers and staff in retail stores and supermarkets. They greet customers as they enter and exit, and may offer to assist in bringing bags to vehicles. They also aid cashiers by bagging the customers’ grocery items properly and efficiently.
Courtesy Clerk Job Overview
In the courtesy clerk role, you will address customer inquiries. Therefore, maintaining knowledge of products and their respective aisles is expected. A key element of this role is to keep a checklist of tasks and duties and ensure that all responsibilities are covered. Success in this role will be demonstrated by enhancing customer experience to encourage repeat business.
Courtesy Clerk Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Cleans the supermarket, restrooms, and parking lot
- Checks and restocks supplies
- Answers customer inquiries
- Separates and bags the grocery items
- Maintains product and location knowledge
- Returns pushcarts to designated area
- Assists customers with bringing groceries to their vehicles
Courtesy Clerk Job Requirements
- Prior working experience as a courtesy clerk
- Willing to work on weekends
- At least 16 years old
- Friendly and outgoing
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to be mobile for long hours
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.