What Does a Retail Buyer Do?
Retail buyers are responsible for the control of merchandising operations in retail firms. They work to discover and buy items by identifying customer preferences, then evaluating and selecting the best supplier options based on quality, price, and other factors.
Retail Buyer Job Overview
In the retail buyer role, you will be responsible for handling overall merchandise selection and purchasing for the business. A key element of this role is the ability to negotiate with suppliers to agree on the best prices and quantities for inventory management. Success in this role will be demonstrated by the stocking of high-quality products in the store to support customer loyalty and business growth.
Retail Buyer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages brand relationships
- Coordinates with cross-functional teams to ensure success of promotions
- Creates and communicates buying strategies
- Executes buying processes
- Builds partnerships with vendors
- Tracks sales and identifies key trends
Retail Buyer Job Requirements
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Great time-management and multitasking skills
- Attention to detail
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.