What Does a Stocker Do?
Stockers (also known as inventory clerks) handle the inventory management and product stocking of stores. They receive goods from suppliers and display them in the store in an organized and orderly manner. They help keep storage areas clean and secure, and they ensure that all products are well-presented.
Stocker Job Overview
In the stocker role, you will be responsible for sorting and organizing products according to set guidelines or categories. You will monitor inventory and keep track of all items received and delivered. Success in this role will be demonstrated by implementing effective stocking strategies to maximize storage area, facilitate easy retrieval of goods, optimize inventory processes, and minimize inventory costs.
Stocker Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Receives and packs goods
- Labels products with price tags
- Organizes displays
- Informs customers of promos and discounts
- Addresses customer concerns, inquiries, and requests
- Seeks feedback on how to improve customer service
Stocker Job Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 18 years old
- Prior working experience in retail
- Must be physically fit
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to work on weekends
- Organized and pays attention to detail
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.