What Does a Product Manager Do?
Product managers plan and implement the strategy and execution of product development and launch within a company. They may conceptualize products and determine their key features, price products, and schedule production and roll-out. They are also responsible for communicating the product roadmap to relevant stakeholders.
Product Manager Job Overview
In the product manager role, you will work with multiple teams, such as the engineering and marketing teams, to create a new product. A key element in this role is to use analytics—gathered from user data and customer feedback—to support and rationalize your product idea. Success in this role will be demonstrated by meeting the sales objectives of the company.
Product Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Creates the product’s mission and vision
- Determines the product’s key characteristics
- Creates and implements product strategy
- Creates product roadmaps
- Collects, researches, and analyzes user data and customer feedback
- Works with multiple teams
- Schedules product launches
Product Manager Job Requirements
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Great managerial skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or any related field
- Pays attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- Strong problem-solving skills
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.