What Does a Creative Director Do?
Creative directors develop brands and a company’s vision by working with copywriters and the sales and marketing teams. They advance creative ideas into tangible deliverables like logos, events, products, and advertisements. They make high-level creative decisions to ensure that client needs and objectives are met.
Creative Director Job Overview
In the creative director role, you will oversee creative efforts such as advertisements, campaigns, graphic designs, and similar touchpoints. This job requires working directly with clients to meet their needs. Creative directors are responsible for approving all work performed by the creative team. Success in this role will be demonstrated by retaining and attracting new clients through meeting or exceeding their expectations.
Creative Director Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Creates the company’s vision and brand
- Leads and guides the creative team including editors, copywriters, and graphic artists
- Works simultaneously with multiple teams (advertising, marketing, sales, etc.)
- Engages with clients to understand their needs
- Manages multiple client accounts
- Researches and stays in tune with industry trends
- Creates a portfolio of design concepts and ideas
Creative Director Job Requirements
- Minimum 7 years of work experience
- Exemplary leadership and management skills
- Detail-oriented and can multitask with ease
- Highly motivated and client-focused
- Proficient in Adobe and MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Inventive and innovative
- Bachelor’s degree
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.