What Does an Editor Do?
Editors manage content for an organization’s printed and digital publications. They ensure that the various outputs of each team mesh together into one cohesive whole. They proofread and check for plagiarism to maintain a level of acceptable quality and adherence to media laws.
Editor Job Overview
In the editor role, you will be responsible for directing the creation of engaging and compelling content for a target audience. You will work closely with talented writers, artists, journalists, and photographers to produce a wide set of engaging content ideas. Success in this position will be demonstrated by publishing quality content that results in increases in brand awareness, viewership, and digital traffic.
Editor Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitors the overall production of content
- Sets target audience or subject of publication
- Establishes quality standards for writing and aesthetics
- Collaborates with creative team
- Studies industry trends
- Ensures accuracy of information and events detailed in content
- Enforces adherence to copyright laws and ethical standards
Editor Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or similar field
- Minimum 3 years of work experience as an editor or similar role
- Proficient in MS Office
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong editing, proofreading, and writing skills
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.