What Does an Engagement Manager Do?
Engagement managers play a crucial role in building strong and lasting relationships with clients. They typically manage a portfolio of complex accounts and serve as the point of contact for these accounts. They also assist clients with ongoing projects and help them address issues and problems.
Engagement Manager Job Overview
In the engagement manager role, you will be responsible for overall client experience with the organization and the products and services it provides. You will work closely with clients in identifying, understanding, and meeting their specific needs and pain points. Success in this role will be demonstrated by improved client retention and satisfaction while growing new business opportunities with existing clients.
Engagement Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Seeks opportunities to upsell products and services to existing accounts
- Nurtures working relationships with clients throughout the project cycle
- Tracks client’s processes and provides prompt assistance when needed
- Designs and executes solutions tailored to client needs
- Leads and handles complex accounts
- Ensures compliance with company policies and follows ethical standards
- Manages client expectations and ensures delivery of client requests
Engagement Manager Job Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years experience in sales, customer service, project management, and consulting
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Detail and goal-oriented
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Project management certification desired (e.g. CSM, APM)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, or any related field; MBA a plus
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.