What Does a Key Account Manager Do?
Key account managers oversee and maintain relationships between companies and their key clients and serve as support for company revenue growth. They create the strategies required to satisfy important clients’ long-term goals using available company resources. They also have a special knack for building strong relationships.
Key Account Manager Job Overview
In the key account manager role, you will be responsible for obtaining and building long-term relationships with potential clients. You will also be tasked with contributing to revenue growth by satisfying the strategic needs of key clients and identifying prospective business opportunities for these clients. Success in this position will be determined by your ability to analyze data, create business and marketing strategies, and cater to multiple accounts with different needs.
Key Account Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervises teams assigned to client accounts
- Develops and maintains relationships with major clients
- Assesses opportunities for key clients and maps out plans for how to implement them
- Collaborates with internal teams to deliver solutions for key clients
- Ensures that data on progress and goals is compiled and recorded
- Resolves issues and complaints filed by key clients
Key Account Manager Job Requirements
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales, or related field
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great multitasking and time-management skills
- Attention to detail
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.