What Does a Sales Engineer Do?
Sales engineers introduce and sell computer hardware, software, and other technical products to prospective customers. They promote deeper understanding than traditional sales staff and demonstrate product benefits. They deliver presentations and modify complex engineering terms to language that is easy to comprehend.
Sales Engineer Job Overview
In the sales engineer role, you will sell innovative technology solutions to company executives. Success in this role will be demonstrated by the number of new customer acquisitions, renewals, upsells, and the overall contributions you make to the success of the sales team.
Sales Engineer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Identifies customer needs and makes required adjustments to products and services
- Collaborates with sales executives in preparing and executing strategic sales cycles
- Successfully matches client needs to effective solutions
- Communicates client requests to appropriate team lead for product improvements
- Delivers presentations that communicate the uniqueness of each sales proposition
Sales Engineer Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing, or Business Administration
- Solid technical background with experience in software development and internet-based technologies
- Ability to explain complex concepts in an easy-to-understand manner
- Strong ability to forge and maintain relationships with senior executives
- Excellent communication skills
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.