What Does a Food Runner Do?
Food runners assist waitstaff in the delivery and coordination of customer orders between food preparation and dining areas. They are responsible for serving food orders to guests as well as removing any used dishes, utensils, and related items from the tables.
Food Runner Job Overview
In the food runner role, you will be responsible for preparing tables for customers, serving orders, and acting as the primary point of contact between the kitchen and wait staff. Success in this role will be demonstrated by the timeliness and accuracy of customer order delivery, resulting in a pleasurable dining experience.
Food Runner Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Explains guest orders to kitchen staff while keeping any special requests in mind
- Delivers orders to customers in a timely manner
- Promptly and professionally addresses guest concerns and communicates them to management
- Maintains a clean and orderly server alley and expo area
- Cleans and prepares tables for guests
- Maintains food health, safety, and sanitation regulations
Food Runner Job Requirements
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Highly organized
- Can work well in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
- Physically capable of lifting at least 10 lbs for extended periods
- Can work on weekends and holidays, and can handle shifting work schedules
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.