What Does a Hair Stylist Do?
Hair stylists make customers look and feel good by providing appealing and fashionable haircut and hair color services. They conscientiously listen to clients’ preferences and recommend hair styles based on face shape and complexion. They also educate customers about proper hair and scalp care.
Hair Stylist Job Overview
In the hair stylist role, you will shampoo, blow-dry, cut, color, and style the customer’s hair. You will be responsible for making the customer feel relaxed and pampered throughout the session. You must maintain extensive knowledge about current trends in haircuts and hair styling. Success in this role will be demonstrated by helping the salon achieve its daily sales quota, improving customer retention, and expanding clientele.
Hair Stylist Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Quickly responds to customer concerns about hair styling
- Cuts, curls, or dyes hair per customer’s request
- Helps foster and maintain a relaxed and positive salon atmosphere
- Attends trainings and informative programs
- Keeps tools and workstation clean
- Maintains a professional and friendly customer approach
Hair Stylist Job Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of beauty service experience
- Cosmetology or barber license
- Knowledge of different hair tools and products
- Creative, artistic, and innovative
- Outstanding communication skills
- Able to stand for extended hours
- High attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.