What Does a Headhunter Do?
Headhunters seek qualified individuals to fill specific roles. They are often outsourced by organizations who are unable to fill their own staffing needs. Headhunters may search for suitable candidates on job sites, resume databases, social media, or through networking.
Headhunter Job Overview
In the headhunter role, you will cold-call or meet potential employees in person. You will detail the specific requirements of the job and provide relevant information concerning the role. You must remain updated on the employment needs of each company you hire for. Success in this role will be demonstrated by filling the staffing needs of clients within deadlines and with candidates who stay on in their positions on a long-term basis.
Headhunter Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages high volume search and selection processes
- Coordinates with the hiring manager and other recruiters
- Screens applicants and generates a shortlist of qualified candidates
- Creates or recommends strategies to improve the recruiting process
- Maintains a pool of candidates for specific positions
- Reviews curriculum vitae and resumes
- Performs background checks
- Offers employment
- Develops sourcing plan and innovates sourcing strategy
Headhunter Job Requirements
- Minimum 2 years of recruiting experience
- Proficient in applicant tracking systems (ATS)
- Experience in multiple sourcing channels
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or similar field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.