What Does a Hostess Do?
Hostesses (or hosts) assist with meeting, greeting, and seating restaurant guests. They also help provide an enjoyable dining experience by ensuring that customers have everything they need. They may manage reservations, set tables, take drink orders, and provide items like crayons, coloring books, and snacks.
Hostess Job Overview
In the hostess role, you will interact directly with guests. You will be expected to dress neatly and appropriately to make a good impression. Maintaining a friendly, approachable attitude is crucial in this position. Success in this role will be demonstrated by providing outstanding service to drive customer satisfaction ratings, retention, and growth.
Hostess Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Greets and welcomes arriving guests
- Escorts customers to their tables or the waiting area
- Takes reservations and assigns guests on the waiting list
- Answers phone calls and customer inquiries
- Assists restaurant staff when necessary
- Maintains clean and organized tables, chairs, and dining sets
- Provides menu and server information
Hostess Job Requirements
- Relevant hostess experience required
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to interact with multiple types of people
- Able to move constantly and remain on feet for long periods of time
- Excellent personal hygiene and customer service skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.