What Does an HR Assistant Do?
HR assistants (or human resources assistants) serve as liaisons between an organization’s HR manager and its employees. They ensure legal compliance, secure confidential personnel documents and files, and support employee development. They also play a crucial role in the recruitment process.
HR Assistant Job Overview
In the HR assistant role, you will handle the day-to-day HR activities of the company and provide administrative support to the HR manager. This often includes new employee orientation, personnel record maintenance, benefits administration, and payroll processing. Success in this role will be demonstrated by helping the organization maintain an adequate number of skilled workers to meet productivity objectives.
HR Assistant Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists in scheduling and interviewing job applicants
- Prepares employment offers, contracts, and onboarding documents
- Organizes HR records and maintains strict employee confidentiality
- Plans and implements new employee meetings and orientation
- Processes employee requests and answers benefits inquiries
- Checks employee attendance and monitors leaves, tardiness, and absence
- Ensures completion of benefits enrollment
HR Assistant Job Requirements
- Minimum 2 years of human resource experience
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of labor and employment laws and regulations
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective administration and people management skills
- High school diploma required; Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field a plus
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.