What Does an HR Coordinator Do?
Human resource coordinators (HR coordinators) are entry-level HR specialists that help higher-level staff with projects around the hiring, firing, and management of company employees. They typically perform administrative tasks supporting employee development programs, benefits and compensation plans, and the training and onboarding of new hires.
HR Coordinator Job Overview
In the HR coordinator role, you will prepare and process HR-related documents to ensure compliance with appropriate federal laws and company policies. You are expected to maintain a professional demeanor and effectively represent the firm to employees and applicants. Success in this role will be demonstrated by helping the company retain its employees and recruit qualified individuals.
HR Coordinator Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Audits and updates employee files
- Assists with the onboarding of new hires and ensures I-9 documents are complete
- Helps with the setup at job fairs and orients applicants
- Coordinates with applicants and schedules interviews
- Answers HR-related employee inquiries
- Maintains strict employee confidentiality
HR Coordinator Job Requirements
- Minimum 2 years of human resources experience
- Proficient in MS Office and HR software
- Skilled in data entry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Working knowledge of applicable employment laws and HR practices
- Associate’s degree in Human Resources or related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.