What Does an HR Intern Do?
Human resources (HR) interns provide valuable support in carrying out the day-to-day HR activities of an organization. They maintain the accuracy of employee files, organize and screen CVs and resumes, manage job ads, and assist in the implementation of company policies.
HR Intern Job Overview
In the HR intern role, you will work under the supervision of the HR manager or the senior HR officer. You will input updates on the department’s internal HR database and help monitor lateness, absences, leaves, and work hours. You will also assist in the overall recruitment process, from interview setup to paperwork associated with the onboarding of new employees. Success in this role will be demonstrated by delivering high-quality and timely HR assistance under minimal supervision, helping the HR department meet daily objectives.
HR Intern Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Files documents and answers client and employee inquiries
- Schedules interviews and confirms applicant availability
- Gathers and organizes job applications
- Writes employee communications and correspondence about updates in HR policies
- Assists in checking overall compliance with labor codes and applicable local and state laws
- Participates and assists in career days and company social and networking events
- Performs ad hoc tasks as required
HR Intern Job Requirements
- Enrolled in a university or college program at junior or senior level, preferred course of study to include Psychology, Human Resources, Communications, or related
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Knowledge of U.S. Labor Laws preferred
- Proficient in MS Office
- Able to demonstrate professional work ethic
- Able to maintain flexible work schedule
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.