What Does a Maintenance Technician Do?
Maintenance technicians ensure that a facility’s heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), and related systems are working properly. They inspect, perform maintenance on, and replace an establishment’s mechanical and electrical systems. Maintenance technicians communicate scheduled maintenance to personnel and discuss how it may impact their workflow.
Maintenance Technician Job Overview
In the maintenance technician role, you will ensure the excellent working condition of the facility’s machinery, fixtures, and mechanical and electrical systems. You will use schematics and manuals to troubleshoot any issues you may encounter. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your ability to identify and resolve any maintenance issues in a timely manner.
Maintenance Technician Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs routine inspections on mechanical and electrical systems
- Quarantines areas of the establishment that are under maintenance
- Requests additional tools and supplies when needed
- Works with team to improve maintenance processes and protocols
- Handles pest control issues
- Assists in preparing the maintenance budget and works within said budget
- Upholds safety standards when performing tasks
- Schedules maintenance tasks
Maintenance Technician Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a similar role
- Highly organized
- HVAC and Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) are preferred
- Must be physically fit and have good manual dexterity
- Experience working with power tools, appliances, and cleaning materials
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.