What Does a Merchandiser Do?
Merchandisers promote the sales of goods in-store or online. They plan how products will be displayed to highlight hot items and exclusive offers. They may create promotional campaigns to attract more customers, and use deals and other pricing adjustments to stay competitive.
Merchandiser Job Overview
In the merchandiser role, you will oversee several stores to make sure all items are available and well-organized. You will be expected to remain up to date with the latest consumer trends to keep the store relevant. Success in this role will be demonstrated by developing and implementing point-of-sale strategies to increase foot traffic, boost sales, and meet income targets.
Merchandiser Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducts market research to identify best merchandising practices and manage competitive pressures
- Documents product movement and replenishes merchandise
- Prepares financial reports and store performance
- Evaluates website content to increase internet traffic and conversion rate
- Collaborates with various teams (e.g. marketing, sales, management) to develop strategic campaigns
- Establishes strong partnerships with suppliers
- Implements discounts and seasonal sales (e.g. back-to-school promos, year-end sale, clearance sale)
Merchandiser Job Requirements
- Minimum 2 years of experience in e-commerce, sales, or merchandising
- Comprehensive understanding of web analytics and SEO tools
- Proficient in MS Office and website editing tools
- Proactive and innovative
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Highly creative and detail-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Merchandising, or related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.