What Does a Pharmacy Technician Do?
Pharmacy technicians work in hospitals or retail pharmacies to dispense both prescription and over-the-counter medication. Pharmacy technicians are supervised by a licensed pharmacist to prepare and provide information on medications to clients. Pharmacy technicians often act as a liaison between customers and pharmacists.
Pharmacy Technician Job Overview
In the pharmacy technician role, you will handle customer requests and needs, which must be relayed to the pharmacist correctly and promptly. You will be tasked with dispensing, managing, and maintaining an inventory of all drugs and medications.
The pharmacy technician must verify patient information and submit insurance claims. They also must be able to keep easily accessible and accurate records of day-to-day operations. Success in this role will be demonstrated by the accuracy and reliability of pharmaceutical records and ability to effectively communicate client requests and concerns to the pharmacist.
Pharmacy Technician Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assesses, processes, and accepts written prescriptions or refill requests
- Manages and maintains inventory to ensure that supplies can meet customer demands
- Keeps accurate records of client medical histories
- Maintains confidentiality and compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Listens attentively and documents client requests
- Communicates client requirements to pharmacist and team to deliver high quality service
Pharmacy Technician Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, social work, or related fields
- At least 2 years prior work experience is preferred
- Effective time management skills
- Inventory management
- Highly organized
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.