What does a Pizza Chef do?
Pizza chefs are cooks who specialize in making pizzas based on the restaurant’s menu or from customized orders. They create a variety of pizzas and include choices such as red sauce or white sauce, as well as thin or thick-crust pizzas.
Pizza Chef Job Overview
In the pizza chef role, you will prepare pizza ingredients by chopping vegetables and cutting meat. You will also make the pizza dough fresh daily, usually from scratch. You must stay up-to-date on food safety and food quality best practices. Success in this role will be demonstrated by efficiently baking high-quality pizzas that meet the restaurant’s standards, leading to customer satisfaction.
Pizza Chef Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops new pizza recipes
- Prepares pizza ingredients
- Monitors and orders supplies and inventory
- Monitors the temperature of ovens
- Packages pizzas accordingly
- Maintains a clean work station
Pizza Chef Job Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from culinary school preferred
- Minimum 2 years of prior experience as a pizza chef
- Proficient with preparing and baking pizza dough
- Familiar with all professional kitchen equipment (including brick or stone oven, dough sheeters, etc.)
- High understanding of food safety practices and hygiene
- Excellent team spirit with a customer-focused attitude
- Flexible to work in shifts including weekends and late evenings
- Performs well in a fast-paced environment
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.